David Bryce Award
Conditions of Entry
- Limit 2 entries per section, per person.
- Entry is open to any Australian resident who resides in a rural or regional area. This is defined as living in a regional council area as opposed to any City Council boundary.
- Entries must be the original and unaided work of the entrant, completed within the last 24 months as at 29th January 2024 Not having won any art prize, excluding Rural Agricultural shows.
- All works, must be mounted and framed with large ‘D’ hooks to enable hanging from two points. Stretched canvasses are considered framed
- All works are to be for sale. A commission of 20% applies to sold work and will be deducted from the sale price. (If you are represented by a Gallery the 20% commission is in addition to any commercial arrangement you have in place with that Gallery)
- Identification must appear on the back of Each entry must be identified with the artist’s name, address, telephone number, section, medium, title of work and price.
- Size of works for hanging is limited to 1.0m x 1.0m, including frame.
- An artist CV is to be submitted with the entry. (Minimum length 1 x A4, maximum length 2 x A4).
- All expenses relating to insurance, delivery, packaging, posting and transport are the responsibility of the artist, including return costs. A repacking fee of $5 per entry for delivered items must be included in entry fees
- Works not collected at the conclusion of the exhibition will be stored at KRAG at owner’s risk and expense. Weekly storage fee will apply
- Works not collected within three months become the property of the Kingaroy Arts Team Inc.
- All reasonable care will be taken with artworks, but Kingaroy Arts Team Inc. (KAT), Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery or the South
Burnett Regional Council accepts no responsibility for loss or damage.
- Work may be photographed without fee for publicity and documentation purposes only.
- Every effort will be made to display all submitted works at the Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery, but KAT reserves the right, without explanation, to not display any entry or to utilise other South Burnett Regional Council venues.
- All entries complying with the conditions will be judged, and the decision of the judge is final and binding. The judge, at their
own discretion may decide not to present an award in any category.
- If any situation arises not covered by the conditions, it will be resolved by KAT prior to judging.
Points to Note
All works are to depict a current rural scene, person, or activity.
Work is to be created by an individual who lives in rural or regional Australia. This is defined as living in a regional council area as opposed to any City Council boundary.
Commission 20% - payable to the Kingaroy Arts Team Inc. (This is deducted from sale price)
Send completed forms to:
Post: Bryce Award, c/- KAT President, PO Box 1143, Kingaroy 4610
In Person / Courier: Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery, 126 -128 Haly Street, Kingaroy 4610
Entry Fee Payments
- Direct deposit BSB 064-418 Acc 1032 7340 (use BRYCE and your surname as reference)
- EFTPOS(in gallery only)
Delivery of Work: Saturday, 24th - Sunday, 25th February 2024
Post: PO Box 1143, Kingaroy 4610 (please allow for postal timeframes)
In Person / Courier: Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery, 126-128 Haly Street, Kingaroy 4610
Collection of Work
Collection of Work: Collection of art works Sunday 28th April 2024.
In Person: Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery, 126-128 Haly Street, Kingaroy 4610
NOTE: Gallery Hours, Monday to Friday 10:00am to 4:00pm and 9am to 1 pm weekends. No deliveries / collections will be accepted out of these times.
|Entries Close:||Monday, 29th January 2024 - 4.00pm|
|Delivery of Artwork by:||Saturday, 24th - Sunday, 25th February 2024|
|Judging:||Weekend, 2nd - 3rd March 2024|
|Winners Announced & Awards Presented:
|Friday, 8th March 2024 from 5.00pm - 7.30pm|
|Exhibition Dates:||Friday, 1st March 2024 - Saturday, 27th April 2024|
|Collection of Artwork:||Sunday, 28th April 2024|